This week on The Land Show with Dave and Johnny:
- Jeremy Criscoe, owner of Whistling Wings Kennel, joins us to talk about Man’s Best Friend and getting your dog ready for hunting season. https://
- John Morris helps us know what makes a property a good candidate for dividing into a mini-farm project. www.selandgroup.com/agents/
- William Lyon, broker for Southeastern Estates, talks about some outdoor adventures and an upcoming open house on a property in Kosciusko, MS. https://www.
- Randall Upchurch talks about Poultry Farms in our Farmland Report. www.poultrysouth.com
- Dave and Johnny answer a listener question about determining land values when you own land near a new industrial project.
Dave Milton: Well Jonathan, it was another great Land Show today. Man, you had an old friend that came on at the beginning.
Jonathan Goode: We did. Jeremy Criscoe with Whistling Wings Kennel in Marshal County, Alabama came on to talk about all the good stuff they are doing with dogs up there. And then we jetted down to Shelby County to talk to our friend John Morris.
Dave Milton: Yeah old John Morris, we talked a lot about mini-farms and transitional properties, transitions around the states, a lot of great trends that are helping a lot of landowners, and a lot of folks that want to live out in the country.
Jonathan Goode: That’s right! And then speaking of living in the country, William Lyon from Lowndes County in the Southeastern states, came on to talk to us about the good stuff, the good work they’re doing. And then we’re heading over to Kosciusko Mississippi today to do an open house on a great property there in Kosciusko.
Dave Milton: Well you’re actually on a three-state tour
Jonathan Goode: I am!
Dave Milton: You’re going to Georgia soon.
Jonathan Goode: I am going to Atlanta to watch the PGA tournament today or this weekend. we caught the big man Randall Upchurch there at a barbecue restaurant. I think he was upset with us, he was ready for a sandwich. But we talked about all the 13 poultry farms pending, it’s unbelievable what’s going on in the poultry world.
Dave Milton: Yeah, they’re wide open and then we wrapped it up with a good listener question. Jane from Athens talked to us about, or she asked us about transitional land values and what her land may be worth. It was a great discussion.
Jonathan Goode: Yeah it was, it really was great show. Whipped on by and y’all be sure to listen to the rest of the show here. Thanks for listening.