This week on The Land Show with Dave and Johnny:
- Larry Freeman talks about an upcoming field trial that the Alabama Chapter of the National Shoot to Retrieve Field Trial Association is hosting in Alex City.
- Stacy Lyn Harris shares some fantastic holiday and wild game recipes just ahead of Thanksgiving. www.
- Codie Moore, new agent with Southeastern Land Group, joins us to talk about his farm and rodeo experience.
- Randall Upchurch gives our Farmland Report. www.selandgroup.com/
- Tim Baker introduces us to AJ Benny with the Crane Foundation and his work at the Wheeler Wildlife Refuge. www.selandgroup.com/
Dave – Well, Jonathan, it was another great Land Show, man. We started off with a great friend of mine who does excavation work for Southeastern Land Group. And Larry Freeman, who is also a legendary trainer and breeder of short hairs and wirehairs, National Shoot to Retrieve Field Trial Association. Talked about a field trial later today.
Johnny – Yeah.
Dave – Everything to do with the culture of quail hunting and dog breeding, just fascinating.
Johnny – Yeah, for sure. And then we talked to our good friend, good friend of the show, Stacy Lynn Harris, who is a phenomenal cook, gave us a lot of good…
Dave – Speaking of legendary.
Johnny – Yeah, no doubt. Gave us a lot of good venison recipes. And then just teed it up for us for Thanksgiving next week. You’ll definitely want to hear what she has to say.
Dave – Man, she has some great recipes.
Johnny – She does.
Dave – She’s fantastic. And then we introduced a new agent with Southeastern Land Group, Cody Moore, there, lives just north of Trussville, toward St. Clair County, covering that area for us. Excited to have Cody on the team.
Johnny – Yeah, for sure. And then we talked to our good friend, Randall Upchurch. And they’ve got so much great stuff going on over at Poultry South. He told us about a farm with great views of Mount Cheaha, and that’s just a beautiful part of the state over there.
Dave – Yeah, it is. And Randall does a great job. And then old Tim Baker came on. Wild Man was just on for a few seconds and he introduced a friend of his, AJ Benny, who’s a, what’d they call him? The keeper of the cranes?
Johnny -The guardian of the crane.
Dave – Guardian. That was fascinating talking about whooping cranes and sandhill cranes. And the interpretive center there on Wheeler. And it was just a tremendous interview. And y’all be sure to listen to the rest of the show and we appreciate you listening to the Land Show with Dave and Johnny.